Pages

Wednesday 18 April 2012

Morning out in the school holidays :)

My eldest daughter is doing a history assignment on the Napier earthquake so we decided to take a trip to the CHB Settlers Museum this morning.

We had a really good time and the little ones totally loved it all. They pumped the water and played with the old telephones and ovens, enjoyed looking at the chainsaws and old farm equipment, lots of interesting things to see.

My favourite moment was when my 8 year old daughter asked where the screen was on the typewriter!!!!!!!!! Then called her older sister over to come see it saying "come and look at the cool old fashioned computer"!!!!!!!!!! wow times have changed and only in like 15 years!!!

I also had to show them how to use the dial phone, one day they will be showing their children how to use a button cell phone.

Good times in the school holidays :)
























1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun! I love interactive museums...I'll be hunting them down in not too long :) It's amazing how quickly technology changes...our kids must think we lived in ancient times :) Hope the rest of your holiday time is fun!

    ReplyDelete