Pages

Saturday 20 October 2012

Hey Baby

So I hosted a baby shower today for one of my best friends. It was really fun. I decided on a kind of bunting heavy, cool scrapbook paper, doily, typed theme ha ha. You will get the idea with the pics. 

I made a really good carrot cake with the best cream cheese icing. So it is only the second carrot cake i have ever made!!!!!!!! The first was just after tama and I got married. I didn't really have all the correct ingredients so I was kinda like oh this will do, and this, and it will be ok without this..... boy was I wrong!!!!!!!!!! it was tiny, like hardly rose at all, and the cooler it got the harder it became until it was time to cut it and the knife didn't even make it in a cm led alone the whole cake. 

I am pleased to say todays cake was great, moist (aarrghh hate that word) lots of flavour and a hit.

Instead of using the words baby shower I decided to call the day 'Hey Baby' kind of like a welcome to the little one.

Lots of fun games, great food and drink, laughs and wonderful presents.



At the bottom of our door is a board with blackboard paint so I wrote a wee welcome sign for everyone










My yummy cake :)



I grabbed the clip boards from church and attached doliys with 'Hey Baby' written on them and a pen for all the games so people could lean on them.





Guess the weight, date, sex. Cute little cards I cut out and tied together with twine. I typed them up on my daughters typewriter.



I made a wee book out of cool paper for people to write a prayer, blessing or some advice for the new baby and mum and dad.



Some of the pages. I did them all sorts of colours and shapes and sizes and sewed them altogether













2 comments:

  1. You're a good friend - this looks like a lot of fun :)
    Carrot cake is my most favourite cake in the whole world!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that a mandarin or grapefruit tree in your back garden? I miss being able to grow citrus!!!

    ReplyDelete